It's been so luvly here this past few days I haven't been at home. It's really good being able to get out and about in short sleeves and 3/4 length trousers. I sat in the garden in shorts and vest top but the legs need waxed so ain't nobody in the big wild world wants to see that! Haha! Today R has been at work. Boo! So I've caught up on the washing and did some reading. I'm getting itchy feet now tho. I'll have to go for a walk!
How do u fill ur day when it's nice outside and ur off work?
This is the scene that greeted me early on Sunday morning.
I was not impressed, if I was afraid before now I was dreading it. What had I let myself in for? Little did I know that actually that little bit of mud was NOTHING and by the end of this day I was to be covered almost head to toe in mud (well at least I hope it was nly mud, but I'm not too sure)
This was me in the middle of a 3 mile run, mucked up to the knees and still thinking it wasn't too bad. That was until I had to jump into and climb thru 6 or 7 chest deep pools of muck!
Before and after, note just how dirty I was...and this went right thru to my skin!!
It wasn't dirty enough for them, so they sprayed us with something...we hoped it was only water, but that doesn't look too clear..does it??
Just one of the obstacles.
So Sunday was a bust!
We met people there who had been doing this challenge for the previous 4 years...can I say that I won't be doing it again. It wasn't my idea of fun!!
No matter how much we think that we have made the right choices sometimes those cloices come back and bite you on the butt.
Oh well, onwards and upwards.
The Mud Challenge is on Sunday and despite thinking I was training hard enough for it I am full of fear that actually. no, I haven't done enough and I am going to be laughed at cos I can't complete the course. I am seriously SCARED!
I need an intervention to stop me going off the deep end!
Work is crap, home life not much better, running, well that hasn't happened in a week. The only thing keeping me going at this point is energy drinks and the gym!!
I need a holiday, a rest, a break....and yet I have one coming up.
I am getting away to visit the Chicago area in June, if your from around thataways and fancy chatting drop me a comment or an e mail, and I will be there three weeks. Thats a luvly break....but yeah, misery guts Tina isn't concentrating on that..she is thinking of all the work that needs to be done before she can go away, and all the work she will have to do when she gets back.
10 weeks until my holiday and I am on #summerbody mode!
I want to tone up a bit more and lose a bit more wobble before I hit the grand ole USA so I am working out for 1 1/2 a day.
I am being careful not to work too hard tho, :-) but no pain no gain!!
How do you prepare for a holiday?
I have pinned lots and lots of pins on my travel board on pinterest, I have bought vacuum storage bags, so I can fit more luggage in my case.
But thats it.
I have the feeling I should think about buying some clothes, but I dunno....will I be any smaller in ten weeks? Should i buy a smaller size just in case? Or stick with the size I am now?
1. My legs are strong, they can carry me wherever I want to go.
2. My arms are strong, and getting more shapely, they can lift shopping bags.
3. My heart is full, I have never been happier. I have a daughter who has grown to be an amazingly kind woman, a husband who worsips me, friends who care and a healthier body than I used to. Life is good.
4. My eyes are bright and shiny, I wear contacts but I can see everything I want to and I am learning to appreciate the things I see in myself as well as things around me.
5. My smile is warm and friendly and people often comment how it makes them feel welcomed.
6. My nails, they are the only place I wear "makeup" on a regular basis, my nails are normally painted, today they are wearing a peach polish with a gold sparkle on top.
7. My attitude. I have learned that I can do things I never thought I could before, everyday I push myself a little more, and never yet have I failed when I actually tried my best.
Now go look in the mirror, pretend you reflection is a friend, what could you find to tell your friend looks good?
You would tell her, so why not tell yourself?
Everyday look at yourself and try and find one thing you like.
- maybe your hair is sitting well today
- or your legs look good in those jeans
- or your ass looks good in that skirt
- or your fingers are long and dainty
Find just one thing, and then praise yourself for it.