Monday 6 January 2014

6 January 2014

So I did it, I got myself a personal trainer. 

After talking to her at my first session I realised it is not enough for me just to go to the gym, I need to be working toward a goal.

When training for something I work harder, so thats what this next year is going to be.

I have signed up to a Couch to 5k programme, so my first 5k run should be in ten or so weeks time!  EEEKKKK

I have also signed up for the Mud Challenge, which is a 2 lap assault course, in mud and rivers etc, which is 5miles long. (Thats in April)

I am also planning to sign up to do a part of the relay for the Belfast Marathon. (Thats in May)

I am hoping that this time next year I will be telling you that I am planning to run an entire marathon, but I don't know, lets see how this year goes first.

She has got me keeping two diaries...one for EVERYTHING I eat and drink, the other for the exercise I do.

Its very interesting so far, but it has only been a few days.

She also wants me to keep a note of how I feel each day.  Maybe this will correspond to what ttype of food I eat, or what exercise I have done that day, but so far my feelings have been "hungry", "okay" and "fine".

I meet her again on Thursday so hopefully then she will have a program drawn up for me, and perhaps some kind of diet plan.  She said she would work out a plan where I know how many calories I need each day, and give me tips as to the best way to eat those calories.

I have kinda started thinking recently that I need more protein in my diet, and perhaps some vitamins so maybe she will tell me more about that.

My talking about what i am doing here, I am trying to make it so that I can't back out.

Thank you for being my sounding board.  Its nice to know there are people out there going through the same thing and giving me support.

No comments:

Post a Comment