Thursday 16 January 2014

16 January 2014

The fourth session of the C25K programme was last night.  I rocked it!  LOL no not really but I am definately getting better.  I am pushing myself further and longer and just feel like I have more energy.

I have totally found that I work better when I have set myself specific goals, so training to do the Mud Challenge and to do a leg of the relay in the Belfast Marathon has given me something to train for.  And something to get fit for.

Talking to a girl today in work I was explaining how in three months I have only lost 2lb.  This is disheartening for anyone trying to lose weight.  I have to keep telling myself that I have lost nearly 4st now.  4 stone of blubber that is no longer around my organs or weighing me down.  No wonder I feel more like running. 

On the one hand not losing anything is hard, but on the other hand I haven't put any on either.

My clothes fit better.

I have more energy.  (usually, but this diet plan is making me tired)

I want to do more.

I know I am getting fitter.

So I am telling myself not to worry about the non weight loss.  When it is ready it will come off.  I am not on a diet, I am changing my whole life.  My fitness levels are increasing and I am creating a healthier person.  I will live longer.  I will live healthier.  So, if it doesn't come off straight away, that's okay.  It took a few years (like 20) to put on, if it takes a few years (like 2 or 3) to come off then that's okay with me.  At least it is coming off.

People in work keep telling me how much of an inspiration I am to them, me, the girl that sat on her ass on the couch eating for way too may years, has now become a fitness nspiration to others.  My answer is always the same "I'm not there yet, but I am getting there".

I like that I can jog up the three flights of stairs in work without feeling like I need an oxegen mask at the top.  I like that I can even contemplate doing a 5k run.

I am getting there.

It feels so good.

Find your good thing.

Find the exercise that you don't hate.

Find the goals that stretch you, but don't make you feel bad for not getting there.

Don't set specific weight goals, set fitness goals.  In four months you want to be able to.......run 5k?.....squat 30kg?......benchpress 60kg?

Find a goal, tell people, then just do it.

If I can, anyone can.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment