Monday 2 December 2013

Weekend adventures

I got married on 30 November 2012

It was the best day I could have imagined.  It was a very small wedding, only my family and his were there.  But we wanted to be with each other for ever.  We wanted to be married.  We didn't particularly want the wedding day, but that had to be first.

It was short, just a civil ceremony, but that didn't matter to us.

There were a lot of giggles during it, and a few tears, but at the end I was married to the man I love.

His dad came up to us after the ceremony, gave me a big hug and turned to R saying "I told you the first time I met her that you should never let her go".  I teared up a little.

This weekend was our anniversary.

We went for a weekend away, just the two of us.  It was luvly.  We went shopping, without buying much, we walked, we talked, we went for dinner, we got tipsy on champagne.  We slept, we ate breakfast, we went for an adventure.

This man personifies everything I could ever want.  He is kind, generous, giving, gentle, strong, funny, caring, stubborn, forgiving, and genuinely the nicest man you will ever meet.  And he picked me.  And a year later he still looks at me with love in his eyes. 

Everything isn't perfect.  We still have disagreements and fights and still go to bed upset with each other sometimes.  But we love each other and we promised this was forever.  So if it gets a little bumpy we hold on tighter.  We work thru our differences.  We don't let go.  And we come thru the stormy times and the water gets still again, and we enjoy ourselves.

Getting away and having time alone reminds us why we picked each other.

I love him.

He loves me.

If you have a partner who still makes you smile, tell them how much you appreciate them.

R, I love you very much.  I appreciate everything you do for me, and for baby girl.  Thank you for being in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment