Tuesday 29 October 2013

29 October 2013

I was at a wedding yesterday.  It was luvly.  It was the first wedding me and R have been to since we got married.  I kept catching him staring at me smiling.  But I was smiling at him too.  Marrying him was one of the best decisions I ever made.  That man is goodness and kindness all wrapped up in a human body. 

Looking around the room at other couples I got caught up in imagining how happy their relationships are.  You never really know what is going on inside someone else's relationship, do you?

On Saturday I was at a tea party for a friend's birthday, all girls, half married, half single girls.  The conversation, as it does, got round to our partners, how we met, how they proposed and how they have changed since then.

It was so lovely listening to these girls talk about their husbands with such love in their voices.  These are girls that aren't "showy" about how in love they are, but without a doubt each of them got a little dreamy when talking about the man in their lives and how he shows them that he loves them.

It was really nice to hear it.

I kept looking at the singles hoping they were paying attention, hoping they would learn that the man you have built up in your head as your ideal man won't be the one you marry.  That the man you marry won't be the same man in ten years.  You have to wait for the perfect man to come along, the perfect man for you.  God has him picked out for you, just be patient.

That man will change over the course of your relationship, and marriage.  But you will change too.

The best relationships evolve together.

Keep on listening to your heart.  Keep in mind why you married that man lying beside you snoring his head off.  Don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment