Tuesday 3 September 2013

Why am I who I am?

Well, I am participating in #blogtember so for the rest of this month you get to hear my ramblings on subjects thought up by a very smart girl over on This blog

The first topic is "where or what do you come from?"

Well I am from a family of seven kids.  I am the eldest.  I have a close family, when we were younger we would visit with our grandmother, aunts, and cousins regularly.  I always felt there were people around me.  When we were very young and visiting my grandma, she would never be able to remember which of us was which.  Not because of any dementia, simply because there were so many of us running around her feet she couldn't tell who was who.  After growing up being called every name under the sun, what someone actually calls me doesn't faze me.  If someone is looking at me, they are talking to me, whether they call me by my right name or not.

Also having that many children running round made for a tougher person.  You had to be able to stand up for yourself, to give as good as you get, and also had to learn how to keep your mouth shut on occasion.  I became very adept in keeping the peace.  Nowadays I don't ruffle that easily.  Things just don't matter.  Petty arguments will be over if you just leave them alone, and getting involved in other people's arguments only makes them fall out with you.  They'll be friends again in a minute, just wait.

So thats where I come from.  A large family.  Full of kids.  Part of a mixed bag of fights, hugs and make ups.

Where do you come from?

7 comments:

  1. I found this task a really tricky way to start Blogtember. You've done a great job :) x Sunday
    www.lovehappydaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for reading, and commenting PS your post was great x

      Delete
  2. I've always thought that it would have been fun to be from a large family! Trying at times perhaps, too :) I really enjoyed hearing about it from your perspective! It sure sounds like it was good for building a strong character, either way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for reading, and commenting. A big family is fun, always someone around to chat too, I can never remember being lonely (or alone) as a child

      Delete
  3. My goodness, what a responsibility! Eldest of 7? I'm glad you handled it like a rockstar, and I'm safe and sound as the weird middle kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird, middle child huh? How does that work out for you?

      Delete
  4. My goodness, what a responsibility! Eldest of 7? I'm glad you handled it like a rockstar, and I'm safe and sound as the weird middle kid. :)

    ReplyDelete