Friday 13 September 2013

A self portrait

I can't draw, so won't draw

Instead I will describe myself to you.

I am a huffy biatch, I like to get my own way and when I don't I have a tendancy to huff, pout and generally act like a three year old.  I am working on it.  But I still do it occasionally (like last night)
I am generous with my time.  If a friend needs me I try to be there, for as long as it takes.  I will txt, phone, visit, cry, laugh, drink, eat, whatever the friend needs until they feel better
I volunteer.  I volunteer with Urban Angels, who visit girls and their families living in women's refuges.  We visit with them, bring them nice food and drink, and pamper them.
I am trying to get fit after too many years of being a couch potato.  This is hard work, but leads me to the next point.
I am stubborn.  If I decide I am going to do something, then I do it. 

I am a mum to the best daughter that God could have given me.  She listens to me, then does her own thing.  But occasionally she will say something that makes me sit back on my heels, and gasp, I did that, I made that girl the way she is.  I am very proud of her.

I am a wife to a kind and generous man who loves me more than I deserve.  I try everyday to be a bit kinder just for him.

I work hard, but play hard too.
I love going to see live music.  I like the cinema.  I like theatre.  I love eating out.

I don't smoke, but I do drink alcohol.

I give good hugs, and i like to touch and be touched.  If I met you for the first time, I would hug you.  Then I would hug you when I was leaving too.  I might even kiss you. 

When we were younger we all kissed and hugged my mum everytime we entered the house, or left it.  My brothers and sisters, all grown up now, still kiss and hug each other, and we always tell each other "I love you"

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! What a creative way to "show" us about you.

    I'm a hugger too. I'll hug you when I meet you and I'll hug you when I leave you. I can't help it! I still hug and kiss my sisters too.

    ReplyDelete