Wednesday 25 September 2013

25 September 2013

No matter how many blogs I read, or comment on, or follow I cannot get the reason why I read those and not others.

I know what i like to look at, pretty pictures, and what I like to read about, real people's lives, but these don't tend to line up too straightly with the blogs I read.

When I started writing this in January I read many posts about blogging.

have ur own voice
find a niche
write about what you know
don't follow the crowd

But if the popular blogs are to be believed it seems what I should do is write a lot about getting drunk, post holidays pics, or pics of a baby, and post pictures about my outfit of the day.

None of which I really want to do.

And yet, my little blog just doesn't get any readers, so obviously I am doing something wrong.

However, I don't want to really push it, part of me doesn't want a million followers, with 6, 000,000 comments on each of my posts...that would be scary, and maybe someone who actually knows me would find out that I write this.

So, where is the balance?

How much should a person conform to gain popularity and fame!!

I kinda like the fact that I can just come here, stick down a few words, post a few pics, and if nothing else I have a reminder about what I have been doing, and how I was feeling.  I like that a few of you out there in blog land read my words, and look at my pics.  I even like (no actually I get a thrill) when you comment.  But I don't want to change who I am.

I don't want to put hours and hours into this, thinking about the perfect thing to say, and the perfect picture to post, and as for thinking about sponsoring people that scares me.  I don't think my little blog is really ready for people to read.  I need more practice in writing and in getting down what I am thinking about.

So I guess I just answered my own question, whilst confusing myself in the process.

Ignore all of the above.

I am not ready for this blog to go big.

I like that only a few of you read.

So, thank you very much to those who come back and check to see if I have posted, and to read my ramblings.

And an enormous thank you to those who comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment