Thursday 29 August 2013

29 August 2013

Don't you love it when people tell you nice things? 

Yesterday at the gym the girls were all saying how well I was getting on.  Then last night on their facebook page they actually mentioned me by name, along with another girl, and congratulated us on how we are getting on.

Today at work a few people have told me how well I am looking.

I have to say, I am enjoying these compliments.  :-)

It has been a slow start to this race, and I feel that I am most definately the tortoise rather than the hare, but I am in the race.  The weight is coming off and I am so dang pleased with myself.

Last night's gym class was tough.  It was back and shoulders, lifting far heavier weights than I normally lift, but admittedly nothing I couldn't actually handle!!


My first "routine" at the gym

My latest "routine"
So my chest and shoulders are a bit stiff and sore today, but this will get better.  I know it!  I can do so much more than I used to be able to do.

That is something I have had to teach myself.  Comparing myself to other people is no good.  They don't have the same life experience as I do.  They aren't the same weight.  They aren't the same fitness level.  Why should they be able to do what I can do?  Why should I be able to do what they can do.

DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF WITH OTHER PEOPLE!!

If you want to compare yourself, compare yourself to how you were a month ago, or a year ago.

Compare yourself to the person you used to be.

This is how I work now.  Instead of looking at the girl next to me on the treadmill running for twenty minutes and barely breaking a sweat, whilst I walk fast and look like I have had a shower after five minutes, I think to myself..."Three months ago I couldn't have managed this at all.  Six months ago I wouldn't have even done this.  One year ago I would be sitting on my couch eating.  Today I am here.  At the gym.  Training.  Getting fitter"

I am proud of me.

If you are on this journey to get fitter, I am proud of you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment