Friday 21 June 2013

June 21 2013

More and more people are starting to notice that I have lost weight.  People are stopping me in work telling me how well I look.

But why can I not see it?

I know I must have lost weight (I have lost 2 1/2 stone) but I look at myself and I don't see it.  I am starting to feel just a little worried about myself.  Is it that I am developing body dysmorphic syndrome?  Or just that it is happening gradually and like a child growing up, I just don't see it cos it happens every day?

Have any of you ever experienced this?

What did you do?

I have decided to just wait it out.  I believe it is happening too slowly for me to see.  It is happening tho.  I am not that delusional!!

October is when me and R are going on holiday.  I am looking forward to it.  I want to be able to wear a swimsuit without feeling self conscious.  I amnot sure it will happen for October, but I can at least try.  I reckon I have something in the region of another 4 dress sizes to go down before I will feel happy.  That will not happen for October.  So, if I could get down another 2 I would be happy.  I am not sure that can happen.  I have a friend who it a fitness instructor who has basically told me I would have to starve myself (less than 1,000 kcal per day) to lose that much weight....I dunno.  If I work really hard at the gym I might...mightn't I?

It is like the tortoise and the hare.  Slow and steady wins the race.  If I lose it too fast it will remember where it came from and jump back on, and bring a few friends.  If I lose it slowly it will slip off without realising and won't be able to find it's way back onto my hips!!

On a totally random and unconnected note. Don't you love it when your favourite bloggers put up an unexpected or extra post?  I do.  :-)

Catch you soon.  I have work to do, then the gym to go to this evening.  That weight aint gonna lose itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment