Monday 17 June 2013

June 17 2013

Tired would not come close to describing how I felt this weekend.  (Well yesterday evening)

Me and R were helping out at an activity day.  He was teaching archery and I was helping out at the climbing wall.  Giving the safety talk, putting safety equipment, harnesses and helmets on people and attaching them to the automatic belays and unhitching them, and taking off all safety equipment when they were done.  That is a whole lot of talking, smiling, repeating myself, kneeling down, getting up, crouching over, getting up, pulling ropes and being nice.

By the time I got home I was wrecked!!  I even had two pieces of bread to try and replenish some energy.  (I haven't eaten bread in about two or three weeks now).

But it was fun.  And a whole lot of people were encouraged to try somehing they wouldn't have tried before.  I like to think I helped there.  :-)

What did you do over the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment