Thursday 13 June 2013

June 13 2013

The gym really knocks it out of you, doesn't it?

I have hit it pretty hard in the past couple of days.  An hour and a half of boxing circuits on Tuesday and a half hour of Zumba last night, with 45 mins of kettle bells after that.

I am pooped!!

My knees hurt, my thighs hurt, my arms hurt, my chest hurts.

I am a mess.

On the otherhand, I was able to do that.  Me, the overweight lazy biatch that six months ago had never set foot in a gym, was able to do 3 hours pretty intense exercise over a two day period.

I am so proud of me.

I watched some trash TV yesterday (Dr Oz) and he was saying that we should all celebrate the small stuff more.  I agree. Look around, think carefully.  What happened today that made you smile?  What did you do to make a difference?  Whose life did you make better, if only for an instant?  I bet you can think of at least one thing.

No?  Well, let me help you.  Did you let someone out of a road who was waiting?  Bet you made them smile.  Did you stand back and open a door for someone struggling with bags?  You made their life easier.  Did you smile at a stranger on the train or bus?  There you go!!

Bet you can think of a few more things now, can't you? 

Just think, every single day we do things, probably without thinking, that change other people's lives.  Celebrate that.  You do make a difference.

So yeah, I am celebrating that six months ago I couldn't do those things.

I am celebrating that I am making myself healthier.

I am celebrating that I am going on holiday in four months.  :-)

I am also feeling pretty sore!

And feeling a little guilty that I should be working.  :-/

Better get back to it.

Talk soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment